- Systems Architecture in support of DoD Army customer involved in the architecture and design of software, hardware and infrastructure related to Command Post Computing Environment Version 3 (CPCE v3)
- Act as the architectural expert when dealing with complex technical solutions which cross multiple engineering discipline boundaries.
- Participate in the development, refinement, and socialization (within the local R and D community) of the Concept of Operations for emerging CPCE System of Systems solutions applicable to the Army’s Common Operating Environment.
- Communicate the benefits of the architectural approach as well as the results obtained from application of this technology
- Interface/Collaborate with Government Customer engineering staff towards the documentation and creation of innovative architecture solutions
- Successful candidates will develop, analyze and document the system and software architectures
- The successful candidate will conduct and/or participate in technical exchange meetings with the multiple PMOs and/or software developers, as appropriate, during system and software architecture development
- The successful candidate will validate architectures against designs
- The successful candidate will understand and architect how data flows, process synchronize, and resources are allocated and shared
- The successful candidate will identify key architecture conflicts among software components
- The successful candidate will document and ensure the architecture is sufficient for evaluation
- This position is based out of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. It is a Monday-Friday 40-hr/week assignment. Candidates need not be onsite for the full work week.
The following requirements/skills are:
- Knowledge of current US Army MC, intel, network and transmission systems
- Experience with architecting software modules, applications, and systems to solve complex problems
- Engage comfortably in an agile software development/systems evaluation environment with frequently changing and continuously evolving R and D requirements
- Ability to document the conceptual basis, data interfaces, installation and configuration aspects of existing and newly created software
- Analytical skills and aptitude in problem solving, data analysis, cause and effect, and testing backed up by strength in mathematics, statistics, physical sciences, and analytics
- Knowledge of SoS Interoperability and Information Exchange Requirements
- Knowledge of Systems of Systems software best practices
- Experience with the Army’s Common Operating Environment
- Knowledge of VICTORY, FACE, MACE and CPCE
- Detail-oriented with technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with military (ideally US Army) preferred
- Ability to obtain US DoD Secret security clearance required
The work environment is:
- Some limited travel may be required, Continental US only
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government personnel and
- Contractors across multiple companies while observing the protocols of a diverse team
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous tasks at various stages of completion
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences is strongly desired; other technical degrees will be considered
Send your resume to: email@example.com. Please put the name of the position in the title of the email.