The requirements/skills are:
- Design, document, implement and maintain lab and deployment network infrastructures.
- Serve in an engineering position on a team tasked with building, deploying and supporting systems for programs sponsored by the IC and DoD communities.
- Provide engineering, administering, maintaining and troubleshooting services for factory and deployed network systems.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot hardware devices (Cisco firewall/switches) and software supporting secure network communications; ensure uptime and optimal performance of factory development and deployed network communications and devices; and provide support for deployed systems as needed.
- Provide support with the construction of systems to include racking Linux servers and configuring system hardware and infrastructure for factory systems staged for deployment.
- Install, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Ensure the stability and integrity of network services.
- Isolate and resolve operational problems encountered within the environment.
- Evaluate and recommend network hardware/software and provide recommendations on approaches and technologies used in the system.
- Recommend network security and policies.
- Support and coordinate with the security Point of Contact on all DOD and DISA requirements.
- May occasionally require working evenings or weekends.
- Experience operating in a Devops environment.
- Experience developing and managing of LAN/WAN computer networks.
- Experience including administering, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco firewalls/routers/switches, Linux and VM systems.
- Solid understanding of Internet protocols to include TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, NTP, SSL, and SSH.
- Experience with SNMP, VPN, routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Ability to work effectively in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with the design and implementation of networks and network security measures network monitoring and management.
- Experience writing operating procedures and creating network diagrams using Visio or a similar product.
- Knowledge and implementation of standard CM practices.
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Any or all of the following certifications:
- CCDP - Cisco Certified Design Professional
- CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- MCM - Microsoft Certified Master
- MCA - Microsoft Certified Architect
- MCPD - Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- CompTIA Network+; CompTIA A+
- CISCO Networking Certification is a plus.
The work environment is:
- Ability to work independently as well as lead or be part of a complex engineering team
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines and adaptive to varying guidance
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion
- Primary work location will be Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Bachelors Degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Established US DoD security clearance of SECRET.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the name of the position in the title of the email.